Last Updated: March 10, 2016
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you: access or use our Services; create an account; subscribe to our email list; make a donation; communicate with us via third party social media sites; request customer support; or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
- If You Are An Individual Donor: your name, email address, phone number, age, social media username, senior discount amounts you log, donation amounts, organizations you support, and any other information you choose to provide.
- If You Represent A Non-Profit Organization Enrolling A Fundraising Campaign On Our Services: your name, email address, organization name, phone number, gross revenues from previous year, donations received by your organization and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you and we may associate it with information that you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect:
- Transaction Information: When you make a donation, we collect information about the transaction, such as the donation amount, date of donation, and the name of the organization receiving the donation.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our website, such as your computer’s operating system, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the web page that referred you to our site.
- Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and usage information. For more information about how you can control our access to this application, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you when you interact with our Services or emails, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our website and your experience, see which areas and features of our website are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our website or in our emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Use of Information
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources and link or combine that with information we collect about you. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media platform, we will have access to certain information from that platform in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, deliver and improve our Services;
- Process donations and send you related information, including confirmations;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about services, tips, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Boomerang Giving and others;
- Personalize and improve our Services and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With non-profit organizations that you designate as recipients of your donations;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Boomerang Giving or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another entity; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
Our Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your contacts or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms. To opt out of having information about you used in this way, please email us at email@example.com.
Boomerang Giving takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
You may update or correct information about you at any time by logging into your account and updating your information. If you wish to delete your account, you may delete the Boomerang Giving app from your phone or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information about you for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can elect to stop receiving these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.